“Arnie Herz is the best trademark lawyer I’ve ever worked with. He has helped fight for marks which I thought were unavailable, and he has helped me protect the marks that I have. I recommend him enthusiastically and without reservation.” — James Landis, CEO, New Wellington Brands
Arnie has filed and prosecuted over 1,000 trademarks in the USA for major brands, professional athletes, and everyday businesses. Arnie has also protected marks in over 65 countries.
An experienced trademark lawyer can help you navigate the complex challenges in choosing the right mark, avoiding infringement of another’s mark, and then managing the filing, prosecution, registration, maintenance, and protection of your mark.
Many people take advantage of the easy-to-file system of the U.S. Patent & Trademark filing system to file and/or maintain their own applications. Oftentimes, however, such inexperienced filers end up causing significant damage to the very brands they seek to protect. Common issues include, but are not limited to the following:
- Failing to identify a mark that is capable of being registered (for example, generic, merely descriptive, and similar marks owned by others are not registrable);
- Describing the mark incorrectly;
- Filing for a mark that has low value;
- Misidentifying the precise goods and services;
- Failing to correctly identify the filing basis;
- Failing to meet unforgiving deadlines;
- Failing to timely and properly address the objections raised by the Trademark Examiner during the prosecution process;
- Failing to file both the Section 8 and Section 15 Affidavit within the fifth and sixth year from registration;
- Failing to make the renewal filings in a timely manner; and
- Failing to police and enforce trademark rights.
If you are interested in speaking with Arnie about your trademark needs, you may book a free consultation here.